could it be my gall bladder acting up?

I posted a question earlier but after giving it more thought I wonder if I may be having gall bladder problems? I know it is common during pregnancy.Okay, so I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I have horrible gas (I know that's normal during pregnancy) but the smell fills the entire room and it literally smells like something died..no exaggeration. The same when I burp, same exact smell that comes out the other end. I have had diarrhea for the past 4 weeks off and on and now it's turned black in color. I get the worst abdominal cramps along with this diarrhea. Today I also started vomiting (I've been feeling nauseous but today was the first time I really puked) it was mucous-like with bits of black stuff and green fluid stuff and the smell was horrid. I have barely eaten today. I have a low grade fever, nothing terrible but I am so miserable. Could it be my gall bladder? Will they take it out during pregnancy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I got gall stones when I was pregnant with my son, I did vomit a lot, but it was normal, it didn't have black in it, or have a very foul smell, I didn't have a fever, I didn't have diarrhea, or abdonamal pain or cramps, I had a very horrable pain i cant explain in my chest and upper stomach. I think you defently shoud call yor DR. expecally with the fever, that can be dangerous for your baby, cause it slows your blood flow, given less oxygen to your baby, GL
    Anonymous

• anytime you have a fever you should let your dr. know, regardless of if it's mild or not. i would call them and also ask about your other symptoms.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would see a Doctor, it sounds almost like ulcers that are bleeding, black stool is a sign of ocult blood, and the vomit has the same thing, I would have this checked ASAP. If its not an ulcer it is still something serious that is going on. Did the black stuff in the vomit look like coffee grounds, if it did it is blood, and I would go to the ER. Sorry, I dont want to scare you but I do want you to be very careful and dont play around with this, something GI is going on. And no, that does not sound like typical gallbladder problems.
    midnightmoma

Answer by midnightmoma at 8:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• None of that sounds like gall bladder symptoms to me at all. i was diagnosed with gall stones at 24 weeks during my first pregnancy and I had to wait until I was 37 weeks to be induced and then had my gall bladder removed 3 days later. During that time, even though I was on a no fat diet, my gall bladder kept acting up.

Your gall bladder doesnt cause diahrrea, gas or burping! It can cause vomitting from the severe pain. But you didnt mention pain (except for abdominal pain) which is the only symptom you would really notice if your gall gladder was acting up. You would not feel it in your abdomin because that is not where your gall bladder is
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009