If a sircumcision didn't heal corectly?

I don't even know how to explain this properly, but here I go... When my son was circumcised it wasn't healing properly, our pediatrician try to fix it by kinda terning the skin open again and hoping it would heal the way it should...after few tries he told us to leave it as it is and said it will grow right with time...so now my son is 7 month old , and i start to notice that It healed incorrectly (or I think I did) what I mean is the edges of the head has healed with the skin that was cut, so you can't see the edge of the head...now I'm a first time mom & I don't really know how a 7 month old penis should look, and my doctor keeps telling me its ok. But it doesn't look right to me...Should I go to a specialist? and which doc would that be?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• happytexasCM...

totally agree! my mom works at a urologist and sees many many older boys whos moms didnt know about their circ's and just trusted or felt dumb.. and they had to be re-circumcised! at like 12, 16, 23...

the longer you wait the worse it is going to get.
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• if your worried you need to take him to a urologist.

they are the ones that specialize in the male sex organs.
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If you trust your doctor then leave it alone. if you wish to seek a professional seek a urologist.
    2autisticsmom

Answer by 2autisticsmom at 8:28 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yeah I would see a urologist cuz that don't sound right at all, both my boys are circumcised and it don' look like what you just described, good luck and God bless

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 8:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• in all honesty, if you're not really sure if it looks right or not get another boy mommy to look for you
    Anonymous

• Ugh. I hate sentences that start "if you trust your doctor.." This isn't G-d; you do not need to have "faith." If you are concerned, go to a urologist. A pediatrician should not be dealing with circ issues after two weeks anyway, beyond "looks infected; here's a script."

happytexasCM

Answer by happytexasCM at 8:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009