What should I make of this?

So, my XH is desperately trying to establish a family for himself by pushing his GF to marry him. She doesn't want to get married to anybody. Anyway, I had to take him back to court to establish our visitation schedule more concretely, and in doing so, had to start getting the child support into swing since he's chosen never to pay it in 5yrs. So since our mediation visit, I am trying my best to follow all rules the mediator established for us, and he is not trying at all. Why do you think he would have this attitude if he wants so desperately to keep his visitation status with his kids?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• your question is not very specific. he is probably pissed about child support. some guys have a real attitude about that.
    ranedare

Answer by ranedare at 9:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yeah, I'm not entirely sure what it is you want to know. But, I would guess he's not trying very hard b/c he's pissed about the child support situation. I would also say if he's never been really enthusiastic or tried very hard when it comes to visits, perhaps he's just one of those dads that isn't going to be active in his kids' lives, even though his mouth says otherwise. My ex is one of those, and unfortunately there's nothing you can do to change him. He'll just keep trying to make "new" families with new women, instead of being there for the ones he already has. You just do what you need to do to take care of your kids, and let the fall out be on him if he chooses not to be a good father to them.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 9:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• it's not about what he wants it's about what is right. Just make him pay the child support and let him go on with his life

Answer by admckenzie at 9:36 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• He sounds pretty immature and can't handle being alone. Be glad to be rid of him.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009