when your family met ur so/dh/df's family for the first time were you nervous about it?

Mine will soon and I am nervous. I hope no personalities clash and everything goes well. Im nervous.

anyone else feel this way? what was the turn out? were there any family members on his side that didnt like you and if so were they civil to the rest of ur family?

Dom123123

Asked by Dom123123 at 8:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• We were both nervous about our families meeting. I think they all met right after we had gotten engaged. They got along, for the most part, no personality clashes. DH's family lives about an hour from us and my family, so we all don't get together much. But when they all see eachother (kid's bdays, etc), it's nice. The only person that can be kind of rude is my brother-in-law, but it isn't to the point where he says something mean or inconsiderate.
    ap9902

Answer by ap9902 at 8:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• no, but they were nervous about meeting me...i don't know why...
    Safirejewl

Answer by Safirejewl at 8:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My SO && I have been together for about 10 mos && our families have never met. Well, 1 of his brothers met most of my family at Christmas && he got along with everyone. My SO is only close to a few members of his family, b/c he has always been the "black sheep" of his family. So I don't foresee both of our entire families ever meeting actually, but the ones that he does talk to would probably get along great with my family. The only 1 that I would be nervous about my family meeting is my SO's mom. He doesn't have a very good relationship with her [[long story]] && she hates me, so the few times that he does talk to his mom, I don't && we hardly ever see her. The only reason I could think of that she would meet my family is if she happens to come to our wedding.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009