More "do as I say, not as I do?" Where does this end?

The CDC is having a conference this week. "Weight of the Nation" is focusing on the obesity epidemic. The CDC goes so far as to recommend restricting things such as the availability of unhealthy foods and beverages, institute smaller portion sizes and to limit advertisements of unhealthy products.

Former President Clinton was a featured speaker at the event on Monday.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2009/07/28/government-tackles-obesity-anew-restraint/

Former President Clinton "fueled up" for the even the night before by dining on a double cheeseburger, french fries, onion rings and an apple pie milkshake.

From ABC news: http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2302933/posts

I am getting kind of tired of those that cannot lead by example.

yourspecialkid

Asked by yourspecialkid at 8:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 8:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• LOL anyway...do we also need big govy to hold our hand when we go out and slap it saying "no no you do not want to eat here" Look I make my own choices of what I eat and when and I am perfectly capable of using moderation all by meself.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 8:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Hmm...a blog and Freeper is your proof he is a hypocrite? LMAO. If the guy was fat I'd say you had a case, but give me a break.

Anyhow as to the ONLY story here. Yeah, sorry but America is a fat country. Strike that...an obese country, and children are suffering from this disease which spawns other diseases like diabetes and heart disease.

We have horrible portion contol, we make bad decisions regarding what we wat, and we don't exercise enough. Many stuudies have shown that, we don't need the UN to tell us what we already know.

SRiveroC

Answer by SRiveroC at 8:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Clinton is a junk food junkie. He and Hillary battled about food all the time when they were in the white house. My cousins uncle was the white house chef and told about it as well as what I have read from other people.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 9:25 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That's funny!

Not the nanny state thing obviously.

And you know, the prohibition did SO much to stop people from drinking, so lets restrict fat foods! You'll just open a black market for the stuff.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 9:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Whatever. The CDC can make all the recommendations it wants, they are not a legislative body. As far as Clinton having a cheese burger, honestly, who cares? Are you telling me you can't eat healthy unless Clinton does?
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 9:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• What do we expect...We have a Country full of lazy people...plain and simple, LAZY! So guess what if you over eat and don't exercise you're going to get fat. Your kids will too. And yes you are responsible for their health up to the age of 18, so yeah I believe we should have a law against allowing these children to become obese. And parents should pay for breaking the law and basically killing their children. We are a Country becoming ignorant, lazy, and walk around with a sense of entitlement, what do they expect to happen. Hey you wanna kill yourself with food fine, just quit raising the cost of medical care from your laziness! Make your children go out and play (exercise) or watch them suffer and admit the role you really played it. We can change we just have to want to....and right now the majority of us don't.
    Anonymous

• Are you telling me you can't eat healthy unless Clinton does?

Did you miss the point? He was a PRIMARY speaker about a conference that is discussing NOT EATING JUNK. I conference that is even discussing ways to FORCE the rest of us to eat/not eat what they think we should/shouldn't! I don't thinking it is asking much to not preach at us about something you aren't even doing yourself.
    yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I don't thinking it is asking much to not preach at us about something you aren't even doing yourself. ______________________
    No, I didn't miss the point. I think on the hypocrite scale this is next to nothing, faintly ironic and good for a giggle, but to be all outraged at the gall of a cheeseburger is just a little much. Honestly.
    stacymomof2

Answer by stacymomof2 at 10:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• SRiveroC

Since obviously you think I am just making this stuff up so you can show your level of education, here is the ORIGINAL Washington Post article complete with a photo of Bill and his bag 'o fat.  If you had gone to the ABC blog you would have seen the link to the WP article. 

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliable-source/2009/07/hey_isnt_that_133.html

It doesn't matter if he is fat or not.  He is a primary speaker at an event that is preaching against what he is doing.  That's really the type of person I want making recommendations to me.

yourspecialkid

Answer by yourspecialkid at 10:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009