Do you send out 'Thank You' cards?

I never used to do this. I guess I wasn't taught to. But ever since I started receiving them I realize how great they are. It really does make a difference. IMO anyways.

bellasrose71008

Asked by bellasrose71008 at 8:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• well my baby shower is comming up and I plan on sending out thank you cards.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 8:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes i did for the baby shower i had. i think it is good ettiquette.. Sp? LOL
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I do although when i give a gift I never expect to get a thank you and getting or not getting a thank you would never affect any future gift giving I might do. And even though I lalways send out thanks yous if anyone ever tried to give me a gift with an expectation of something in return (no matter how big or small) I would rather they just not give me the gift. A person SHOULD give gifts out of love and because you want the other person to have what you are giving them not because you expect a thank you in return. I did not send out thank yous after my wedding due to being hospitalized with a heart condition before my honeymoon was even over. When we announced we were pregnant my MIL said she was not going to bother throwing us a baby shower for my husbands side of the family because she said no one would come since we didn't send out thank yous. I proceeded to return EVERY wedding gift that had been given to us cont
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• by my husbands side of the family. If they're love was conditional I'd rather not have it.
    katiekruschke

• yes i do

Answer by admckenzie at 8:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Yes, I do. When my niece & nephew were little, we would send them expensive presents and never hear a word from them. The only time they contacted us was when a present DIDN'T arrive.

I was raised sending thank you notes. It's a small effort with big reward; making someone feel appreciated.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My hubby's grandmother makes me. I never did before.
    devoted_mom

Answer by devoted_mom at 10:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Absolutely! My mom taught me well.
    I taught my children the same when they were growing up, but they have thrown etiquette out the window in their older years. In fact, no one would have received a thank you for all the shower gifts she received if I hadn't written each one out and made her sign them. A late gift arrived and I gave her the card and an addressed envelope to write it out herself. She still has the darn thing in her room and it has been 5 months! I really got on her, but she told me she doesn't do things like that and people just have to accept that from her. I am so disgusted about it. It is so rude to not thank someone for a gift they chose, bought, wrapped, and mailed to you.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2009