24 hrs urine test

Has anyone had to take a 24 hour urine test? And what were your results? I had to take one and I am worried about the results... I am worried that I might have preeclampsia...

LovinMyNewborn

Asked by LovinMyNewborn at 8:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• yeah i took one 3 times during my pregnancy for preeclampsia.. and they all came back normal.

MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• how far along are you?

i ahd to take 2 of them my 2nd pregnanacy the first was indecisive, and the second was to late to amtter! i had the baby 3 days later!

dont stress about it too much... i had pre-e both times, and delivered healthy happy babies!
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 8:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• what is a 24 hour urine test?
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i had to take one with my first pregnancy. i did have pre-eclampsia and they wanted to measure how bad it was. i think my protien was like +2. i had to go on hospital bedrest soon after that i think. are you swollen real bad? sudden weight gain? high blood pressure? protien in the urine test they do at the office? these are all the things that are typical of pre-eclampsia. but if you do have it, take their advice and go on strict bedrest and drink lots of water.... it can get bad in a hurry. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 8:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I took 2 of them both times my tests came back normal. My protein was rarely high but my blood pressure went way up as well as my weight one week so.....
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had to take one last week and I was 35 weeks prego. It came back normal. Thank goodness.
    winkyamy

Answer by winkyamy at 9:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009