Daycare......I heard a new one today........

That I'm abandoning my son and just dumping him into daycare.

Gotta love all those daycare bashers!!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Oh, wait, to make it into a question......Don't you love all the daycare bashers???
    Anonymous

• The daycare I'm considering has a better ratio of adults to kids than some in home child care! Unfortunately not everyone can stay at home with their child(ren). Do the best you can and ignore the critics.
    finallyamom40

Answer by finallyamom40 at 8:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• daycare is a wonderful wonderful thing. There are pros and cons to EVERY option of childcare. Children of stay at home moms often are less socialized than children in day care and can struggle with rolling with the punches without mommy near by. I am a stay at home mom because I want to be and it is whats best for my family. There is no shame in having a career and putting your child in a loving nurturing structured child care facility while you pursue that career. It's no different then sending you child to school for 8 hours a day.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 8:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Haha yep.

But if you were to stay at home, you'd be a lazy fat ass and probably be accused of sitting your kid in front of the TV all day. (sarcasm)

People don't know which way to point their ass when they fart.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Well, you dad-gum-no-good-how-dare-you-work-for-a-living-mom-you! LMAO You have GOT to be kidding right? There is just no end to what a human being will find to be offended by.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 9:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Daycare can be used for a mommy to get a break, nothing wrong with that. Now if you live him/her there pass closing, that is something different. When I first got custody of my niece, she was placed in daycare, and I rested during the day and picked her up at 2pm. Of course this was 3 years ago, but nothing wrong with having some "ME" time.
    ambr2006

Answer by ambr2006 at 9:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• lol
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• They're just jealous that they can't afford day care and are stuck in the house all day cleaning up after their kids and husbands.
    Anonymous

• I don't think there's anything wrong with leaving your child at a daycare. I choose not to because I don't know who's watching my kids. I was watching the news one night and saw a story where a 1 year old little girl died from Benedryl poisoning. Her caregiver was giving it to them to keep them asleep all day. She kept 9 kids. My parents left me at a daycare when I was a little girl, and one of the caregivers was beating on me. Needless to say, I never went back. Unless you're there all day with them, you never know what was going on.
    devoted_mom

Answer by devoted_mom at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009