How do I get that smell out?

My boys are currently being potty trained, so needless to say we have had a few overnight accidents.
Well their room smells like pee, I have tried everything from opening a window (now there is a air conditioner in it so that's out of the question) To using vinegar, febreeze, baking soda etc. All of these worked for a small amount of time. How do I get rid of that smell!!! Thanks!

hperezzz

Asked by hperezzz at 9:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I wonder if the sprays they sell for training animals would help? Borax is a great around the house cleaner...it might help as well.

http://www.20muleteamlaundry.com/
    banshee70

Answer by banshee70 at 9:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Where is the smell coming from? The carpet? bed? walls? Depending on where it's at needs to be handled differently. If it's in the carpets and such you will probably need to clean the carpets really good with a steam cleaner.

If it's the walls take some lysol/clorox wipes to it then wipe over that and put a small bowl of vinegar in the room somewhere where they can't get to it.
    KalebsMommee

Answer by KalebsMommee at 9:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• When you find out let me know, my apt smells like animals pissed everywhere, and I have no animals its from all the carpet accidents my son had. He's been completely potty trained with no accidents since like march and it still reeks when it gets warm in here, I've even had the carpets cleaned, so good luck!
    ba13ygrl1987

Answer by ba13ygrl1987 at 9:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would use the stuff for animals. Nature's Miracle and other products like it. I threw up in my car once and used that and it got the smell out.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Odo-Ban. It disinfects, too! My MIL swears by the stuff! She buys it in the concentrated bottled at Sam's Club and makes smaller bottles at home. I have 4 boys. The older two have moved out in the last year (school for both) and I have two grade-school boys still with us. That "boy" smell seems to permeate my house!

I LOVE ODO-BAN! I use to be able to find it at WalMart but I haven't seen it in mine lately. Check the laundry aisle where they have the Febreze. It comes in a white bottle with a green and yellow label. Usually on the bottom shelf. Trust me, it's worth it! If it can tackle the TEENAGE boy smell, the husband smell, and the "Mom, I missed the toilet" smell....yeah, you'll love it.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009