when should you worry about contractions?

on sunday (7/19) i started having contractions (true contractions, not bh), but i was out with the kids and didn't think to time them or note how long they lasted. i came home asap and laid down. i had a check-up with the ob the next morning and i asked him about it. he said if you are having patterened contractions for more than 1 hour to come in. later that day i was having contractions every 4 minitues for close to a hour. today i started having contractions again whenever i try to do something other than rest. idk if i should be worried, bc he said they had to persist for more than 1 hour. i never had this trouble with my other 2 kids. i am 31 weeks and will go back for another checkup on monday. do you think i should go in for monitoring? my hubby will be pissed to miss work, that's why i'm so hesitant

princessbeth79

Asked by princessbeth79 at 9:22 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• At least call your doctor and tell your doctor your concerns and see what he/she says. I worried about contractions my entire pregnancy because I was told there was a high risk for my daughter to be premature (btw she was two days late - lol). I did have the braxton hicks contractions but they sent me home about an hour later. I think I would go to the doc if it was me, but it is up to you.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• also, make sure your drinking enough fluids. Taking calcium and magnesium vitamins during pregnancy helped me as well, though I was having alot of leg cramps with the contractions.
    kryssie78

Answer by kryssie78 at 10:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009