Does your mil/SO's mom listen in our your conversations?

UGH

My SO lives with his mommy, and everytime I'm on the phone with him, I hear her in the background making comments about what he's saying to ME!! Well this afternoon I had it, and I told him to tell her to stop listening in on our conversation. He said, "Well she's talking to me". That's not the point. Yes, she's talking to HIM, but she commenting on what he's saying to ME (have I confused you yet??)

I am so sick and tired of her meddling ways. Besides SO telling her about every little aspect of our relationship, now she's getting MORE information from our phone calls!

How would you handle this situation?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I made hubby choose mommy or me. Obviously he chose me. Date an adult.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 10:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I think you did the right thing. I would not have gone to the mother directly. It's HIS mother, therefore HIS problem. The only thing that would have been accomplished by you confronting his mother directly would have been a nasty argument.
    Anonymous

• My mother tries to listen in on my conversations & throw in her two cents, scoff, or look at me. She thinks she knows everything & I can't imagine her getting the whole picture if she's hearing only one end of the conversation. I can't stand it! So I try not to talk on the phone around her...because she always has something to say! Especially if it's an inside joke or something. She just doesn't get it & she needs to butt the hell out.

And if we have an argument on the phone, he might reiterate the situation to his parents in anger & they'll get the wrong idea. He tends to exaggerate in the heat of the moment. So I always tell him to go into a room by himself if he's angry. I don't want to be antagonized by his parents who really don't know the whole story of what's going on. I really hate that!
    Anonymous

• maybe you should date an adult
    Anonymous

• OP

Anon 1002: that's what I've been thinking too!!
    Anonymous

• tell the momma's boy to cut the cord already or move on. it only gets worse!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009