When can your baby start sleeping on her stomach without you having 2 worry about SIDs??

SIDS (sudden infant death syndrome)

MrzPen

Asked by MrzPen at 9:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• imo when they can roll over from back to belly bc they will probably end up on their belly anyway lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm not 100% sure, but I think my pediatrician said SIDS is a big problem between 2 and 4 months. We went to the pediatrician today and he said that within the next two months I will see her start to try and roll from her belly to her back.

FYI, I have been laying her on her belly since a couple days after she came home from the hospital. She WOULD NOT sleep on her back and when I was admiring her sleeping on her back, she threw up her entire bottle and started choking on it. Scared the crap out of me.

I know of children who have died from SIDS sleeping on their backs.
    NOLAmommaKRYS

Answer by NOLAmommaKRYS at 9:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm with Nola on this one. The only time my DD ever slept on her tummy was when she was in the neonatal ICU after she was born. once she got home she didn't like sleeping that way very often, so she always went to sleep that way.
    mactamom

Answer by mactamom at 9:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• they say 2 yrs or older but my son rolls over a lot but if i let him sleep on his stomach during the day(while im next to him) he dosent do it as much at night
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I agree with Nola too.. the only way my daughter would sleep when we first brought her home was on her tummy.. she's always slept on her tummy and still does a major part of the time (she's 18 months now)
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• SIDS occurs up to two years old. I felt more of a sigh of relief around 6 months, but it can still happen at ANY time. My son is one and still is put to sleep on his back, if he rolls over that is one thing but it is back to sleep in our home.
    Natsnumberthree

Answer by Natsnumberthree at 11:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• thank you ladies she jus keeps rolling 2 her stomach wen she's sleepin now and i have 2 keep waking up allnite 2 check on her so thats y i asked...
    MrzPen

Answer by MrzPen at 4:50 PM on Jul. 29, 2009