??? stripped membranes yesterday now severe contractions, and i noticed...

there was some bleeding after she did it but it stopped like 2 or 3 hours after appoint.. today i have notices some bright red mucusy stuff,, and i have been having contractions that start in my back and move around and shoot down to my pelvic bone they hust like hell.. it feels like the WORSE case of menstral cramps ever.. i was 3 1/2cm and 70% effaced yesterday when should i call the dr.. i want to stay at home as long as possible because i have a 2 year old and a 7 year old that i have to worry about getting a sitter over for.. and i want their routines to be as normal as possible.. and i dont want to spend any longer in the hospital than i have to..
also this is my 2nd pregnancy.. how many days are they going to keep me in the hospital.. with my 1st it was 2 days.. but they said it was because i was a new mom..
sorry for any typos i am typing in between contractions..

brittanybell

Asked by brittanybell at 9:40 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ? you have a 2 yr old and a 7 yr old but this is your 2nd preg?
    how long you stay in the hops will depend on you the baby and the delivery, all is well than prob 1 day
    time those contractions, if they are 5 min or closer together its time to go in
    good luck and congrats
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• are the contractions in a pattern yet?
    as for the hospital stay that will depend on your delivery and how you're doing afterwards. i think for a normal vaginal delivery it is usually 24 hours and for a uncomplicated c-section it is 3 days.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• sorry the 7 year old is my hubbys and the 2 year old is mine this is our 1st baby together..
    they very form 7 to 5 minutes apart but i dont want to go in til i absolutely have to with my daughter i was stuck in a observation room with 3 other prego ladies and was completely miserable and trying to be quiet thru contractions so i didnt scare them,,, it was horrible.. so i want to do most of my labor at home,,, they had to break my water with my first,, so i dont think it will break on its own with this one...
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 9:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• maybe you could call the dr. and ask how close they can be before you have to come in..... i think it's 2 or 3 minitues but just see what they say. i know exactly what you mean about not being able to stick around on l&d forever. gl
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 9:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I would be calling the doc if this is your second, I went pretty quick the second time around!
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 10:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You shouldn't have to explain why you have only been preggers twice btw.
    monkeyberry

Answer by monkeyberry at 10:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My dr. said all they can keep you is 24 hrs from the time your baby was born.
    Anonymous

• I stayed 2 nights with both my kids but I know they will also release you after 1 night if nothing is wrong and if you want to go home.

As for your contractions... call your doctor when you cant talk thru them anymore. Its different for all of us!! Typically they say to call when they are 5 minutes apart, lasting 1minute each for one hour. But some people can still totally handle them at that point and some people cant handle them at 8 minutes apart. You will know when the pain gets to much to handle
    Jaydin_Makenna

Answer by Jaydin_Makenna at 10:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009