Why is he doing this? Crawling with his head down.

My 12 month old recently started crawling with his head down. It's like he puts his head to the floor and pushes it while he crawls. He doesn't do it all the time but he starting to do it more often, usually when we have visitors so I'm thinking it may be him either showing off or being shy. Has anyone else's baby ever done this?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:41 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• LOL My son started doing this about the same age and still does it once in awhile 9 months later. I think it's checking out a different point of view. You know, like he knows what his feet look like sitting up (and standing?) but what do they look like this way? Oh, that's kind of fun! It also leads to learning how to summersault some months later Baby brains have to figure out all sorts of sensory input and spinning, rocking, and putting their heads down help them sort that information into appropriate categories.
    eema.gray

Answer by eema.gray at 11:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i owuld talk to the dr
    Anonymous

• My husband did this. My husband's dad is a doc and he never worried about it because he didn't do it all the time. He might see he gets a reaction from you and do it even more. I wouldn't worry too much unlesshe does other things that worry you. But like I said, my husband did it...did I mention he's a genius (for real), so I don't think it's necessarily some behavioral/learning issue.

momjoy1027

Answer by momjoy1027 at 10:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009