• In the Spotlight:

getting her ears pierced

how long did you wait to get your daughters ears pierced? im really torn on the subject..dont know if i should just do it now and just be committed to taking care & cleaning them everyday myself, or wait til shes old enough to do it herself...my mom had mine pierced while i was a baby and im glad she did.

MaciesMommy09

Asked by MaciesMommy09 at 9:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I have a son and I'm not going to pierce his ear because honestly I don't know which ear is "the gay ear" anymore and I don't want him to get made fun of for it but if I had a daughter I'd do it between 6 weeks and 6 months, just my opinion. If she gets it done as a baby you'll be able to make sure they're always clean because you'll be the one cleaning them. Not sure how school-aged children are nowadays but when I was that young I didn't do a good job when cleaning my ears. I think you should just go for it now while she's a baby. You're going to get a few moms telling you to wait until she's old enough and some BS about how it's horrible to ruin your baby so young and blah blah blah but remember it's your decision ultimately and just ignore those stuck-up "do it my way or I hate you" moms. =)
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i pierced both my daughters ears at about 2 months it hurts less cuz her ears are soft and thin. if you wait it will hurt more. just wait for her first shots. you only need to take care of them while they heal.
    adoradamia

Answer by adoradamia at 9:50 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i would wait bc she might not want to get her ears pierced she may get n to religion one day and its a sin to pierce ur body i wish my mom would have waited to ask me
    aidensmama8

Answer by aidensmama8 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I wish my mom had made me wait. I did some petite modeling when I was younger and the agencies used to always comment that I shouldn't have pierced ears - in the pictures either the advertiser HAD to want me wearing earrings or they had to airbrush the tiny holes.

Answer by missanc at 10:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My sister and I snuck around and she pierced mine when I was 7. My granddaughter I could have pierced tham as a baby but I waited until she asked. For her 5th birthday she wanted nothing else..so we went to Claires and had it done. She was very good about taking care of them (under supervision of course) She loves to tell people she WANTED her ears pierced and even though it hurt she diudn't cry.LOL. Follow your own instinct. There are pros and cons at any age.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 10:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i got my dds done at 4 months. she never messes with them and cleaning them is so easy.
    Anonymous

• my mom pierced mine when I was three and I wish she hadnt i had chronic ear infections to begin with and then the holes seemed to hurt all teh time I dont even wear earrings so it was kind of pointless I wish she would have waited till i was old enough to care for them myself it would have saved me a lot of childhood trauma
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had my daughter's done at 6 months by her pedi. For me they were very easy to care for. She is almost two and has not messed with them at all. Totally up to you.

Christine0813

Answer by Christine0813 at 10:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009