can you help me lose weight please?

OK i am now at my biggest at 218 pounds I'm 5'2 i don't wanna count calories or carbs and diets don't work for me, my goal is to get down to 130 pounds i do currently have high blood pressure and I'm on a water pill I'm also on antidepressants for bipolar i have gained so much weight in the last 3 months and I'm hungry all the time. i try to exercise and drink lots of water is there any advice you can give me to help me like exercises and foods to eat. i am so miserable with how i look and i want the old me back please help me.

nates_wifey623

Asked by nates_wifey623 at 9:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• i dont know what antidepressant your on, but i know alot of them have the side effect of weight gain - i gained lots of weight on paxil so maybe you should check that out first of all. you need to cut out bad carbs (bread, cereal, pasta etc.) and eat only good carbs which are fruits & veggies. and you need to eat LOTS of protein, especially lean protein like turkey, chicken, fish and egg whites, but also steak, tuna fish, nuts etc. (if you eat a hamburger, eat it without the bun.). you can try a diet pill - mega-t green tea pills worked for me. drink as much water as possible, like 8 glasses a day AT LEAST. if you can join a gym and work out alone and take classes, that would help alot but if not do as much as you can at home like sit ups crunches running in place, buy yourself weights or go jogging. you have to burn more calories then you eat every day and work out for AT LEAST an hour. if you want to loose weight, (cont)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• being hungry is something your gonna have to get used to. oh and BTW, you only have to cut out the bad carbs until you lose the weight. once you loose the weight, you can eat them once or twice a week & on holidays and just work them off to maintain your weight. this is how i lost 60 pounds in 3 months =)
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 9:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Exercise can be fun...if you find what works for you. I HATE working out, but I can tap dance for hours! I lost 30lbs in five weeks when I first started. I got Bonnie Franklin's tape "I Hate to Exercise, But I Love to Dance" to start. It teaches the basics, and a few fun little routines. I was hooked and have bought a few more tapes. I'm back at it with a vengence because I've got some weight to lose and my newest DVD showed up today! After an hour I had to force myself to stop.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i would suggest counting calories. if there was a way to be lazy and do nothing but still lose weight everybody would be skinny. that's what i told my sister lol. btw, i lost 125lbs. by going on a 1200 calorie/day diet. i don't do exercise though apart from crunches bc i wanted a flat tummy
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have lost 17 lbs in the past month and half.....here is what I have done.

I dont eat breakfast ( I know its a no no, but it works for me)
    I drink ONLY water (period)
    I eat a light lunch (usually one bowl of special K cereal or maybe a "smart ones" frozen diet meal"
    I eat whatever I want for dinner but try to keep it to a reasonable amount....(not overeating)

I eat lots of pickles....they are almost free of calories...almost.....

I walk 2 miles everyday.....
    I do Wii fit exercise at night for about 20 to 30 minutes...give or take...usually strength exercises to build some muscle.....

Its not easy....but I am determined...

I think you just have to get to that place where you are fed up with it and are willing to sacrifice your love of food (which I do everyday) and desire to sit (I make myself get up and go)

Good luck, email me if you have a question.
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You have to be realistic about your goals and start with small changes every couple of weeks or you are sure to fall off the wagon. Maybe set your weight loss goal to "I'll get under 200 pounds". This is a goal you can probably accomplish within a shorter time and you'll feel good about your progress. Then you can set other weight loss goals later, but I wouldn't shoot for more than 20 pounds so you see your progress and reach your goal. No more than 2-3 pounds a week if you want it to last. You CAN eat bread and pasta, but eat the high fiber types and limit it to no more than 3 servings a day (1 slice bread or 1/2 cup pasta, about 1cup high fiber cereal). As far as exercise, you need to choose an activity you enjoy or your not going to stick with it and aim for 4-5 times a week for at least 20 minutes then add more as you get used to it (If you try to do an hour in the beginning your going to get discouraged real fast!
    chocaholic888

Answer by chocaholic888 at 11:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The absolute only real way to lose weight and keep it off is to just change to a healthy lifestyle...healthy eating and regular exercise.

In my experience, it's easier to stick with exercise when I join a gym and do the aerobic classes. I get bored running, walking, or doing anything on cardio machines. Aerobic classes keep me entertained and the other ladies in class are always so encouraging.

I think you should shoot for a goal weight of 145. It helps to set realistic weight loss goals. I think it would be really hard to get from where you are to 130 and you may find it discouraging. Where as 145 would be more attainable.

Also, please do not listen to the lady that says she skips breakfast. If your metabolism is already slow, this will just cause you to pack on the pounds. Do not skip meals and eat snacks of fruit and nuts between meals. If you have a sweet tooth, eat a yogurt after meals.
    ThrivingMom

Answer by ThrivingMom at 11:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Diets are temporary fixes. Unless you learn how to eat healthy for life, you will not be able to maintain a healthy weight and will stay on the gain/lose roller coaster. Drink at least 8 8oz glasses of water every day. Eat 6-7 servings of whole grains (brown rice, whole grain bread, etc.) every day. Eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables every day, in at least 3 different colors. You will lose weight. You will maintain a healthy weight. You will get sick less often. You will be setting a wonderful example for your children. You can get free meal plans and recipes from Dr. McDougall, or find his books at your local library: http://www.drmcdougall.com/free.html
    Eat an apple or a big salad before meals. Feel free to contact me if you have questions or would like meal suggestions.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:43 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Nutrilite!!! I have 3 kids and this saved my figure by eating right..They have a meal plan and fitness planner..Its awesome..
    Go to: www.dsuriano.qhealthzone.com

copy and paste website to your browser..Good luck!
    josie726

Answer by josie726 at 12:41 AM on Jul. 31, 2009