Do you ever feel like you can only be a good mother to one child?

I have one DS that is 15 months old. I think I am a good mom to him. I love him so much and I would do anything for him. But I just don't think I have the patience or even love for another one. But then sometimes I do want another one and so does my DH.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• You will feel that way until you have another child. Seriously, it is a normal feeling, then you have another child and realize quickly that you DO have enough patience AND MORE than enough love. Don't worry, your feelings are completely normal.
    Petie

Answer by Petie at 9:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I really worried about that before we tried for this one and I am still worried about not having the patients for 2. My mom always tells me that because you love them so much it isn't that hard to have patience for them. No matter what the love will be there. :)
    MizAnn

Answer by MizAnn at 9:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've never thought this way, but I have always wanted a big family. You just need to spend time with each of them and keep the older one as involved as you can with the new baby. This could also be a sign your not ready for a new baby RIGHT NOW. Its an adjustment when deciding to have another baby and you will know when your ready because these feelings wont happen as much. It is normal to worry about your kids and if you are giving them enough, but some how us moms always come through for our kids.
    Anonymous

• OMG this is how I feel 2! I told my DH that I don't want no more kids because I feel that I can not love them the same way I love my baby girl...but like they said this is totally normal..we'll see what we get in the future...
    Salma25

Answer by Salma25 at 10:03 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• When/if you have another child you will love it just as much....we do feel our love is limited, but really it is unlimited...you have enough love for however many children you happen to have.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Sure.... when I only had one child!! Luckily you never run out of love and you can be good parents to more than one child!! Just the fact that your concerned about it tells me you have nothing to worry about!!
    Anonymous

• I do feel this way, and I wont be having anymore children. Caine is enough for me, I know people always say that as soon as you have the 2nd one you automatically love the other child just as much, but no I really think I wouldn't. Caine is my baby boy, lol
    cainesmama

Answer by cainesmama at 11:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I DO know that I wouldn't be able to handle more than 1 child. I have 1 13 yr old son and I know that he is all I want. I know many people that only have and want 1 child and there is nothing wrong with that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009