Spermicidal jellies and those little paper spermicidals (sorry can't remember what they're called)

My husband had an allergic reaction to the little pieces of film that prevent pregnancy, just wondering if they're made of the same thing spermicidal jellies are. I would like to use the diaphram after this child, but I know you have to use the jellies.

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 9:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• most are made with Nonoxynol9. It is the primary spermicidal used in North America. I don't know about other countries. Lots of people are allergic to it. It really makes things difficult. I had a bad reaction to it at 19.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 9:57 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have heard that after a vaginal birth a diaphram wont work well for you. The rate of pregnancy goes way up with a diaphram after vb.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• They have non-spermicidal jellies...I'm allergic to spermicide I know they make things without it.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009