Aaaah I just had my first taste of soda in two years.

It burned ALOT! but it was sooo good. Jeez... I Hope I dont want it all the time now lol. Have you ever done without something and then had it again years later? How'd it go?

firethearson

Asked by firethearson at 10:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Food & Drink

• mmmm i need a mountain dew now. totally
    staciandababy

Answer by staciandababy at 10:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yes i have. drugs - not good. but okay now =) ha
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Caffeine - I took a week to taper off when I realized that I was pregnant, and didn't have any until my daughter weaned herself at 23 months.

Answer by rkoloms at 10:19 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• That was your downfall, you'll never stop now LOl I gave it up for lent and my first taste afterward was awful. But I'm so addicted I just kept on drinking.
    luvschocolate

Answer by luvschocolate at 10:26 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• regular soda.. I drink diet soda, have since I was a teen. My hubby drank my last one so I tried to drink a regular soda... after only one sip I had to spit it out. BLAGH.. it tastes like a mix of maple syrup and corn syrup.. so sweet and syrupy! disgusting. I'll never drink it again!

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I hear people say all the time how nasty it is or whatever when you quit and then go back to it. I've been forced to give up my Cokes before, twice actually, for an extended period of time, and nope, went right back to it with no problem at all. But if you try and slip diet crap in on my, I will hurt you. I can always taste that nasty-ass stuff the second it hits my tongue.
    roachiesmom

Answer by roachiesmom at 12:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• omg, that is my downfall ( Dr.pepper in a can) i freak if there's not a cold 1 in the fridge. omg i can't imagine going 2 yrs without one ~ what great will power you have! i applaud you!

tntornado45

Answer by tntornado45 at 7:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I'm addicted to soda and actually weaned myself off it-okay I went cold turkey and suffered severe headaches for a week. Did so good went 4 months. Husband offered me a sip and I'm drinking it all over again. Stay strong!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 9:37 AM on Jul. 30, 2009