Clomid how does it work?

How long did it take for you to get pregnant using it? How many conceived twins ? Twins run in my family so will it make it a higher risk?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:05 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I do not know about your risk of having twins. I know with clomid the risk is low. Back in 2001 I took clomid for the first time. I actually concieved my daughter on the 15 day from my period. I know this because I only had intercoarse for 3 days then got into it with my childs father. ANOTHER STORY... But it worked for me. Now I am on it, tried it from march until june. no success. Now I am on it for two more tries. Then the doc. wants me off of it. But good luck to you.
    When you start your period that is day 1. You go to day 5 of your period start the pills. (*YOUR DOCTOR MIGHT HAVE YOU DO DIFFERENT DAYS LIKE 3-7.) anyways mine is day 5-9 then start intercoarse every day or every other day..... Simple. Wait 35 days if no period take a test.
    suzyb1980

Answer by suzyb1980 at 10:17 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Hi! I took clomid for three cycles and did not get pregnant. I don't actually know anyone that clomid alone has worked for. I also took gonal-f injections, ovidrel injections and prometrium vag inserts....still no baby :( I found the clomid uncomfortable and I responded well with 6+ mature follicles each time but still no baby and lots of weird aches and pains and bleeding. Good luck to you though, I hope you are successful! Also if you google clomid, there is tons of information about rate of twins, success, etc. It really does depend on multiple factors. I would say your family history of twins is probably the best reason or chance for twins in your situation. Again GOOD LUCK!!! Baby dust your way.
    Dbaas

Answer by Dbaas at 10:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009