Has anyone ever used the Raid Foggers(also known as roach bombs) for roaches and bugs?

Do they work? What about boric acid?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Yes they work, but you have to leave your home for a while. Pets and all. and after if you'll want to wipe everything down. They do work though.
    Anonymous

• The foggers worked fine for us.. I have arachnophobia.. to the point where I have to leave my house if I see more than one spider.. so in our old house we did them. Like PP said, you have to wipe everything down when you come home.. and we took all the bedding off the beds and covered the furniture with sheets before we left so they wouldnt have the fog on them. I didnt see a spider for the rest of the summer after that.. so I assume they worked. You have to leave the house for awhile though.

We stayed the night at my parents and then didnt come back until after work the next day. And we didnt let the kids and animals back in until we had mopped and wiped down every surface. Oh.. we put one in our attic, and two in our crawl space too. It worked on the spiders... I dont know about roaches, we've never had them.. in Washington they arent common.

LuminousMom

Answer by LuminousMom at 11:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Try boric acid and bay leaves. Keep all surfaces really dry.

Answer by rkoloms at 12:16 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• our bug guy says that they can make matters worse they work good for most pests but not roaches,you see the eggs are not killed by the fog and will still hatch within 7 days I believe and then they are immune to the spray because it got on them while they were in the shell,the best thing to do is use the roach gel that they eat and vacuum those suckers up whenever you see them,our bug guys uses the gel. roaches eat each other so make sure you clean up any dead ones asap
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 12:35 PM on Jul. 29, 2009