Did you have your membranes stripped?

I had an appointment today with my midwife. Last week I was 3cm dilated and I've been having STRONG contractions every day since and a few days before that appointment. My midwife was very surprised that I hadnt gone into labor yet (even though my due date isnt for 13 more days..) and asked if next week if she wanted to strip the membranes.
So Im wondering..

Have you had it done?
How many cm and how effaced were you?
Did it help your labor start or progress?
What did it feel like?
Would you plan to do it again?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 10:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had mine stripped without even asking or needing it done. It made period like cramps start and may also make you lose your mucous plug. I wouldn't do it again no cause it was very uncomfortable (for me) afterwards.
    Anonymous

• my dr stripped my membranes, I wasnt even 1 cm yet and it helped me move along but she did it the day before she induced me.
    Anonymous

• I had mine done 3 or 4 times with my last one.. and it never progressed me, never made me dialate. I stayed at a 1. At almost 43 weeks, I had a c-section.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 10:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My doctor stripped them after they induced me. My labor progressed more once they were stripped. I wouldn't know what it really felt like because I had an epidural.
    MOM2JEM

Answer by MOM2JEM at 10:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i had mine done when i was 3cm and i was still 10 days late... it hurts!! id say not worth it at all
    MommieButterfly

Answer by MommieButterfly at 11:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009