Anyone here an umpire or been cussed at recently?

I have been umping a summer softball league with highschool aged players. I played softball in college and stated umping this summer. One of the players, who hit a homerun earlier comes up again. I called a third strike on her and she was out, she looks back at me and says "What the fuck was that ump, get some glasses!" Then I go watch your language and I threw her out of the game. Then she mouth back to me fuck you and I didn't respond.
Anyone here been an umpire or refree. Or whens the last time someone cussed at you

jfisher500

Asked by jfisher500 at 10:21 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• WOW!!! That is her coaches and parents fault. There is NO WAY any of the kids on my son's team or league would even think of arguing with an ump let alone swearing at one. That is poor sportsmanship. If that was my kid, not only would she be kicked out of the game by the ump but she would be punished at home too. I would make her apologize to you, the team and the coaches. She could have caused the team to have to forfeit if there were just enough players. You did the right thing.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009