Is there a way to positively know if your child will develope birth defects during pregnancy?

I'm just scared about that happening to my child if I ever get pregnant. It makes me scared to get pregnant.

MollySchultz

Asked by MollySchultz at 10:24 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• not a positive way to find out, no.
    Anonymous

• There are blood tests and sonograms that can tell but even if nothing shows up on those doesn't mean absolutely nothing is wrong. And even if something does show up doesn't mean for sure something is wrong. So no, there is no 100% way to tell.
    Anonymous

• There is no 100% guarantee on ANYTHING in life, including your child's health. Look at you and your partners medical history, and family medical history. If there are genetic defects that run int he family then you will want to be more careful to test for them. Other than that, there is really no guarantee on anything, but most pregnancies are fine and the babies are very healthy! Another thing is to be careful with what you take during pregnancy and make sure that you don't drink alcohol or smoke. You should be perfectly ok; I wouldn't stress or worry about it at all- there isn't much you can do about it other than the things I mentioned, so why borrow trouble?
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• You said you think you are already preg. sooooo....nothing much you can do now
    Anonymous

• lol.... you had sex with your brother. thats so gross. hopefully your just a big liar and you just need some prayer. or your in serious trouble and need some serious prayer. all in all you just need some prayer you sick sick person!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jul. 30, 2009