Flexeril Safe?

I went to the doctors to ask about the migrane i've had for three days straight. I told them i have a history of Chronic Migranes, and it's only effecting my left side. She prescribed me with a muscle relaxer called Flexeril, and sent me on my way. Is it safe to take it? i'm worried it might effect the baby's development if i take them. should i take it anyways like the doctor prescribed? or should i just try and wait it out? Tylonol does not work for me either.. help???!!!

bekkahsmom

Asked by bekkahsmom at 10:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• i am sure she wouldn't have prescribed anything that would have any affect on the baby
    but if you are still worried just google it and see. when you have it filled out the pharmacy will also give you a paper with the side effect and all on it. sorry i can't be anymore help.
    rose549

Answer by rose549 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Umm i don't think so. Flexeril is a muscle relaxer, and you do NOT want certain muscles to relax during pregnancy. If you are just TTC you should be ok, but I would call and double-check if you are pregnant. I was told by my doc to stop taking all my muscle relaxers (including Flexeril) that I take for my back injury while pregnant. Good luck!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 10:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Did you tell the doctor that you are pregnant? A doctor is not going to prescribe something that will harm the baby. You need to be calling the doctor or pharmacy and find out for sure. We are not doctors so I wouldn't go by what anyone on any website says.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009