When you have a repeat c-section how is it done?

I mean what time to go to the hospital, when do you schedule it, do you get to pick your own date? How does it work? Please help me out with some answers. Thanks!!

tcaballero

Asked by tcaballero at 10:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• you probably will pick a date with your dr. around 32 weeks (assuming you are having a normal pregnancy). they usually want the delivery to be about 38 weeks so the baby will be full term but you won't be in labor yet. you will have to see what days your dr. is doing surgeries around that time and you can pick what day would be best for your schedule too. usually they will set a time too and you will probably have to go to the hospital like 2 hours beforehand to get all ready. they will also give you some paperwork to fill out at home and bring with you. it's pretty simple.... don't worry lol
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I've scheduled my 2nd C/S and its right at my 39 week mark. I got to pick the day, and sort of pick the time.. as the doctors tend to do them in the early morning, or around lunch. You will have to fast for 8 hours before the c/s, I was told tiny sips of water would be ok but thats it. At least for me, I arrive 2 hours prior, finish all my paper work, get hooked up to IV's and what not. Its after that point that I can not have any liquids. We didn't talk about scheduling it till I went to my appt at my 35 weeks.. granted I had health issues (non pregnancy related) that I had to take care of from my appt previously (was at 33 weeks). Just talk to your doc next time you go in, they'll be able to tell you when it will all happen.
    Skye-Angel

Answer by Skye-Angel at 11:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My doctor sets C Sections at 39.5 weeks.
    Anonymous

• Mine was set no earlier then 39 weeks unless approved by doctor, your doctor will do it up to 40 weeks if you want it to be but encourage for you to do earlier because of the risk of going into labor and having an emergency c-section. Their should be someone that coordinates all your care for your surgery, the time, the location and the day. They should also give you a letter in the mail to show all the information about the big day. Good luck to you~!
    (I have mine on Oct 23rd!)
    Sillylins

Answer by Sillylins at 12:40 PM on Jul. 29, 2009