what to do about your child's feedings

my 2 month old eats 7oz and acts like it's not enough. He eats every 3 hours and still seems hungry.

newmommy825

Asked by newmommy825 at 10:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Put aliitle rice ceral in his bottle at bedtime- my Mom and Grandmom did it and Im not overweight and my Doctor said I could do it to help my baby sleep at night.
    Anonymous

• feed him then. he may be hitting a growth spurt or just need more food.
    Anonymous

• rice cereal should not be given in a bottle, nor should it be given to a 2 month old UNLESS, THEIR pediatrician says so.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My doctor said to give my son rice cereal in the bottle and there is a baby formula out fhat has rice protein in it for collic- so ask ur doctor but woman have done it for ages- my grandmom did it and my mom and me and I have 5 kids all healthy- just use alittle rice cereal justto thicken the formula alittle so the baby is not so hungry at night.
    Anonymous

• you need to talk to your pediatrician FIRST before doing this. just because women "have been doing it for ages" doesnt mean it is okay. Babies bellies are not fully developed enough to handle solid foods, some babies develop quicker than others some dont. which is why you need to speak with your pedi first.
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 10:39 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• just keep feeding him. They go through growth spurts and seem like ravenous pigs but after a while it subsides to something a little more normal LOL when my son was 6 months I swear to god he could eat almost 2 full 6 ounce jars of baby food in one sitting now I am lucky to get him to take one full jar just hang tough and do NOT Put rice cereal in the bottle unless your doc tells you to
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:43 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• RICE CEREAL_ IN A BOTTLE OR BY A SPOON_ YOUR CHOICE_ ITS OK AND HE WILL FINALLY SLEEP FOR YOU!
    Anonymous

• They make a formula now with rice in it for baby s with collic--- Try it put alittle gerber rice cereal in his bottle- just alittle and make the nipple hole alittle bigger- he is hungry and you r tired- it will work - I have 2 kids and I am a nurse.
    Anonymous

• your baby is so young. i think you should just keep feeding him formula. i personally, think you should hold off on the cereal. ask your pedi first, cause 2 months old is really young. thier digestive system isnt old enough for certain things, thats why they need formula.
    i was told, if you give food to early, you could mess up thier digestive system. i didnt give my son cereal until he was 5 months old.

theres alot of IF's, but to be on the safe side, you should ask your pedi first.
    kiliki_malie

Answer by kiliki_malie at 11:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ask the doctor!yep. best answers there.....ifbaby is strong enough and really not getting enough from formula your ped may say its okay...but the growth sput is also very true. my baby must have one every other week ! another way ican tell that my baby is still not ready is that whenever anything is put by his mouth he shoves it out righ away. i havent tried food but i think he would do that with food as well....im hoping i can wait until 6 months to start him on solids.
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009