can an 8 month old throw a temper tantrum

my 8 month old arches his back and throws a fit everytime i try to change him now. its like a temper tantrum. could he already be doing this? what can i do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• YUP! Mine started having tantrums at 6 months. Just wait till he realizes that when bedtime starts playtime stops GOOD LUCK! Diaper changing however is a simple solution. Find a toy or an object that you rbaby thinks is really cool (for us its an old cell phone without its battery and or a remote control to a tv we dont have anymore with no batteries) to play with or hold on to and ONLY give your baby the toy during diaper changes or other times you need him to just chill. That keeps the toy new interesting each time if he doesnt get to play with it whenever he likes.
    katiekruschke

Answer by katiekruschke at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I believe that babies do have temper tantrum, my baby is 4 months old and she gets red and starts to get all mad when I put her down. She frowns and starts crying, I think she is going to have attitude....but what could I do? They told me to just ignore her and let her cry...but in your case you have to change him so there is no way to ignore him...I think this is normal though I read they don't like to be changed...try to distract him with a toy or something
    Salma25

Answer by Salma25 at 10:31 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh, yeah! That's a tantrum! It could be that his skin is very sensitive. Some babies have a hypersensitivity to things that touch their skin. I know I went through diaper after diaper until I found one that didn't irritate my youngest's skin. LUVS!

Anyway, check with your pediatrician about lotions you can use, maybe change the type of diaper. I know my SIL had to use cloth diaper's on her youngest because he couldn't handle anything non-organic against his skin. It made life fun for a few years.
    Gypsy98

Answer by Gypsy98 at 10:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh yes! My daughter used to have them like you wouldn't believe! I sincerely hope that she has outgrown them, being 20 now....I would certainly hope so!!
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 10:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• yep!! Mine just turned 8mos and has had an attitude for a few months now...
    now when I move him away from things that he shouldn't be playing with or take something from him, he screams and he does the arch of the back thing too....
    he's gonna be a little booger...
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 11:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• haha probably. I think my 4 month old is already starting. he SCREAMS like a toddler sometimes. and then he grunts whenever he wants to be picked up. Not sure how to get him out of this, hoepfully its just a stage he will grow out of lol
    soveryconfused

Answer by soveryconfused at 12:06 AM on Jul. 29, 2009