What could cause A Bump on the back of your Head?

My DD & her New DH went Camping. She got bite by A tick. But now she has A Bump on the back of her head. It hurts. I have poor Vision so I couldn't see any bite or puncture? But it hurts her. She also has A Bad Cough and Cold Symptoms! Her new Teen Step Son & his Siblings had Swine Flu. But We don't think she has that! So A Head Bump. Any Clues on that? They have NO insurance like us! So what can you suggest?

Angellinda

Asked by Angellinda at 10:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Health

• could be a lymph node, they go all the way up and down ur scalp even though they hardly get inflamed. But I would give some tylenol and have her rest and if it gets any worse or her symptoms do, take her tothe hospital no matter coverage
    Anonymous

• Ticks can carry lyme disease. She should definitely see a doc to rule it out.
    Here's a link to a symptoms page:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/lyme-disease/DS00116/DSECTION=symptoms
    banshee70

Answer by banshee70 at 10:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• She needs to go to a doctor an dbe tested for Lymes disease. It is treatable but she needs to get treatment ASAP.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• look it could be serious so get her to go to the hospital and deal with it, i have a lump on my head for six weeks and just found out it is a blood clot from a brain anurism that poped with out me knowing i had a stroke. i am having a mri after a xray says i had a stroke. you never know what it is until you get it cheeked out.
    bamamom2212

Answer by bamamom2212 at 10:55 AM on Aug. 1, 2009