What can I take/do for really bad diarrhea while pregnant?

Im 24 weeks pregnant and IDK what is OK to take while pregnant. I have had severe cramps all day and I cant keep anything down! I will think Im fine after a little "spell" of it and eat something but then like 10 min later, its back! The baby has slowed movement since then and Im not sure what to do.

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 10:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had this too, I'm almost 31 weeks now. Starting at around 25 weeks I started experiencing the same thing you describe. You can take Immodium, it may help, it may not. Unfortunately some women experience constipation while others experience the opposite. It's very uncomfortable and my baby slowed down too. Don't worry unless you feel absolutely no movement for an extended period of time. If you are really concerned about the baby's movement...drink something caffeinated or eat something high in protein and lie on your left side for about 30 min. if you do not feel baby move then, call your doc!
    javila

Answer by javila at 11:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009