Did I have to tell my stbx about kids in therapy?

I left my husband because he was abusive to my older son. Both kids live with me now, but there is no real custody order. I had dropped divorce proceedings and we tried counseling. It didn't work and I have filed again, but we have to wait 60 days for a hearing.
ANyway, almost as soon as we left I started looking for a therapist for me and kids, we have been through some crap. I swear at one point I told my husband this, but I don't have ot written down anywhere. Once I found a good therapist, who actually comes to our home, I did not discuss it with my husband, because most of the conversation is about our interactions with him. Today he called while the therapist was here, and had a fit. He is making al kinds of threats. Am I doing something illegal by having our kid (only one is his, other is his step) see a therapist without fully informing him???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• No
    In fact I think you are doing the right thing, and the therapist is required to report his behavior, so let her hear phone conversations like that. You would be doing something illegal if you subjected your kids to him any more.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:07 PM on Jul. 28, 2009