IS THIS NORMAL....................

My daughter is a size 2t which she can hardly fit. She can still fit sizes 6-9 month and up in shirts and 12-24 month in shorts. My daughter is 28 pounds, but if so why can she still fit sizes 6-9 and 12-24 months? She is short and skinny like her dad, her dad is a size 30 in pants and he is 5'7. I think maybe her body is just built that way, maybe shes just going to be short and skinny when she gets older. She loves to eat food, but she does not gain weight like that. I take her to see her doctor and she gains about 2 and a half pounds in 2 months or none at all. Her doctor says thats nothing is wrong, and that shes just going to be naturally skinny. SO MY QUESTION IS WHAT CAN I DO TO GET HER TO GAIN WEIGHT? OR IS THAT NORMAL FOR HER TO FIT THESE SIZES? thank you

My2ButterFlys

Asked by My2ButterFlys at 10:49 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wouldn't be concerned, especially since your doctor isn't. I was tiny when I was a baby. My mom tells stories about how people thought I was a genius baby but I was reallt 3 years old and talking in full sentences! Lol!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 10:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• give her a tablespoon of peanut butter when she wants a snack
    abbibaileylily

Answer by abbibaileylily at 10:53 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• If her doctor doesn't see a problem and her father is also skinny, why are you working yourself up over this? Why do you want to make her gain weight? It sounds like it's normal for HER so I would just let it go and only be concerned if she loses weight. Just accept that she's a skinny minnie and be thankful that she's healthy.
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I have no idea my youngest is just like that too.. She is 2 years old only weighs a little over 25 pounds an gains no weight, doesn't get taller except little bit every so often. No one in my family or her dads are skinny an short so I don't know but I will be watching for the answers too.
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 10:54 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• if the dr. says she is ok and not malnourished, then what's the problem? baby clothes are not really an indicator of what size the baby should be for that age. even some clothes that are the same size on the tag are bigger or smaller and fit differently. don't stress over it
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• ITS FUNNY CAUSE WHENEVER I CANT FIND MY DAUGHTER A PRETTY SHIRT I'LL JUST GO GET HER 4MONTH OLD SISTERS SHIRT TO WERE THATS WHY I FIND IT WEIRD.
    My2ButterFlys

Answer by My2ButterFlys at 10:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• My daughter is 24 lbs at 26 months old. She wears 18 month tops and 12 month bottoms. I have a pair of 6-9 month pants that fall off of her! It just has to do with the brand or maybe it was mislabeled. If the doctor isn't recommending her gain weight, I wouldn't worry. Kids grow at their own rate and if she's always been smaller, then she's probalby right where she should be!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009