• In the Spotlight:

Did I do the right thing?

My husband of 2 years and I split up. I went down to Kansas from Oregon an when I got there I found out that he lied to me about sleeping with this chick, then proceed to lie to me about how many chicks he slept with. On top of that I found he cared about one of them. Well We had gotten in a fight an the cops got involed an they arrested them. I came back to Oregon. His family is wanting to see the kids ASAP. But I'm worried they will try to take them from me or say bad things infront of them about me or what had happend. So my question is am I doing the right the right thing on not letting them see the kids tell everything is settled down?

Younganproud

Asked by Younganproud at 10:52 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• I personally would wait and tell them u will bring the kids when all of the drama settles
    Anonymous

• If there is no court order tell them they will see the kids later that you are busy with something right now.
    Anonymous

• They are probably just as worried that you are going to take the kids and they will never see them again.

Maybe do a visit in a public place.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 10:55 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• it would be wrong if you just didnt let them see the kids ever again. But till you get yourself settled, clear your head a little more and focus on your kids' adjusting, isnt a bad thing. it's healthier that way imo. =) and I wouldnt think of it as "not letting them see the kids" you just need a little time to yourself so you and the kids can adjust and settle down after a major and sudden change to your family! Nothing wrong with that! Hopefully they will understand and realize they can see you and the kids soon. in the meanttime, continue with sending them holiday/bday cards..so they know they havent been forgotten!
    Owl_Feather

Answer by Owl_Feather at 10:58 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'd say that you just need time right now. That your not keeping them apart for forever, but that your just going thru alot right now and just want to be with your kids.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Just stay with them during the visit
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:01 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Well see I do plan on letting them see them. Its not right for them not to see them. Thats the type of person I am. I told them that after I get into a place an the kids settled I would let them see them. His partents keep calling my parents to get my information, they keep stacking out my parents house so they can get ahold of me. I had to change my number an everything because I put a restraing order on my husband. The only contact he is aloud to have with me is over the internet because he has rights to hear from me about the kids. I just want him to 3rd party or for them to think they can take my kids and take them to him. They have been harrasing my mom for info on me. I talked to them on saturday an told them I am trying to find a place an get my kids comfortable again, then I found out today that they waited for my mom to get home an made her give them a number they could reach me. I told them the same thing I just said
    Younganproud

Answer by Younganproud at 11:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Umm
    They are probably in it with your ex, You dont owe them shit. And if you do decide to let them see the kids, tell them they have to meet at your parents house, and have an officer there. I wouldnt let them see my kids. The kids feelings and safety are more important than them.
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Ok so I just read about them doing the stake out stuf....honestly if it was me I would get a restraining order against them! being a divorced mom,keep a journal of evry remark they make how many times they call and keep every email.from your ex and his family.although it is nice for them to see the kids they really dont have a legal right to them unless they take you to court and find you to be an unfit mom.but you have a right to privacy and so do your parents.
    jgibbs1976

Answer by jgibbs1976 at 12:05 AM on Jul. 29, 2009