• In the Spotlight:

i need some lovin

so i know they say not to have sex for six weeks postpardum but just wondering if it is safe to have sex before then. my son will be 3 weeks old on friday, my delivery wnet very well, had a small tear that regired 6 stiches but those hae healed up very well and i feel great! i really want some lovin now that i dont have a huge belly in the way! what do you think

mrsmurders

Asked by mrsmurders at 10:56 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• You should be fine, but use a condom one of the reasons why women want sex so badly after having a baby is because of ovulation. Trust me, I waited 4 weeks and ended up preggo.
    candycane337

Answer by candycane337 at 11:33 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• i had sex two weeks after i had my son, but i had a c-section. im fine though, i didnt get an infection or anything .. no ripped stitches. i just couldnt wait anymore. but i just went slow at first to make sure i felt alright, and as soon as we were done i rinsed off in the shower to make sure i didnt get an infection.
    PURPULbutterfly

Answer by PURPULbutterfly at 10:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• As long as you feel comfortable with it then go for it! It is possible to cause issues but doubtful if everything went smoothly.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:00 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I had sex 2 weeks early, and it still hurt, I felt bad cuz my DH was ready to go, but I couldnt. I say wait at least one more week and try it slow, and if there's no discomfort keep going, but warn him ahead of time just so he dont expect nothing
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 11:04 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I waited about 4 weeks with all mine.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 1:13 PM on Jul. 29, 2009