TWO YEAR OLD WITH OVARIAN CYSTS HELP!!!!!!

ok i took my daughter in for her follow up appointments. we seen the surgeon and he ordered another ultrasound not only does she have a cyst on her left ovary the ultrasound showed a bigger one on the right ovary as well the ultrasound said that she had a dominate solid follicle on her right ovary what does this mean our dr has ordered blood work to check for tumors are they thinking cancer im scared to death does has anyone delt with this before PLEASE HELP

starkeyheather

Asked by starkeyheather at 11:02 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Kids' Health

• They almost always check to make sure that the growth is benign (non cancerous). Most are not cancer, and I wouldn't worry about it yet. I have ovarian cysts and they go away on their own a lot of the time! I didn't have them as young as your daughter I don't think, but they are surely going to check to rule out everything. Good luck and I hope she is feeling better soon!!!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 11:06 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry, I don't know.

But I can tell you that my cousin was born with cancer and, even as frail as newborns are, she went through surgery to remove the tumor before she was even a week old. In November she will be 22 years old and finishing her college degree. Cancer free since her surgery.

Good luck. Don't give up hope.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 11:09 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Oh Momma, I am so sorry. Welcome to the worse part of mother hood. These tests are a must but most likely it is not cancer, but I understand we want NOTHING wrong with out babies. I am sorry you have to feel this fear, I know it is horrible. Prayers your way.
    brandee76

Answer by brandee76 at 11:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• The doctor should have explained what he meant, what is going on, etc. If he/she didn't, then it should have been up to you to ask. You can look it up on webmd.

I hope your daughter is better really soon!! Hang in there.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:45 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I'm sorry I can't help with advice. Prayers go out to you and your family. Stay strong.
    realtorshelly

Answer by realtorshelly at 8:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I had cysts on my overied thought my pubecint and adult years when I was 20 I had a 8 inch cyst removed from my ovary along with the ovary and fallopian tube while haveing a c section birth,drs told me along with this I had endometriosis that the chances of having more children were very slim to none and that I should just get a historectomy so I wouldnt have to go through the pain,10 years later here I am still with one ovary and fallopian tube perfectly healthy and now have 5 children. Like others have said cysts are usually not conserous and usually go away or can be treated without surgery and even if she does need it surgically removed she still may be able to have children and live a happy normal life
    jendramis

Answer by jendramis at 2:46 AM on Aug. 1, 2009