Will they do his circumcision at the hospital after I deliver or do I need to get his pediatrician to come up and do it?

Alysia_Moore

Asked by Alysia_Moore at 11:08 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mom401, shut up. She didn't ask to be guilt tripped like that. And you're wrong, most doctors, if not all, do use a local anesthetic and feel some pain but not as much as you're trying to say they do.

OP, I suggest just asking your hospital if they do it and when. Also as your OB about it because he/she might be the one who does it. My OB did it when DS was 2 weeks because they couldn't get him in any sooner. And ignore Mom401 with her bible preaching. It didn't ruin the bond AT ALL between my son and I. He was cuddling with me as soon as we got home, and I could tell he wasn't mad at me. You won't even be in the room, so he'll probably just hate the doctor for it. When my son came back from the procedure, the only reason he was crying was because he was hungry. Just make sure you don't leave the gauze on when you get home and that you use Vaseline. We had the gauze on and he cried when he peed until we took it off.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 3:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Depends on your doctor/hospital. My son was done the day after he was born by the ob/gyn.
    OwensMama824

Answer by OwensMama824 at 11:10 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Both of my boys were circ'd at the hospital. I gave birth at a teaching hospital so a resident did the first circ. It was a nightmare! It had to be fixed when my son was 8 mo old. My second son I requested that a Urologist do it. If your at a hospital with residents BEWARE!
    Twinsmom53222

Answer by Twinsmom53222 at 11:11 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my son was born july 17 and we dont go to get it done until aug 3 when he gose for his check up they will do it then our hospital didnt do while we were in there they didnt offer it.
    ggiovanni

Answer by ggiovanni at 11:12 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• also medicaid doesn't pay for it it comes out of your pocket or you can use ur private insurance we are payn 225
    ggiovanni

• my ob dr. did it while we were still in the hospital. check with your insurance.... there might be a time limit on when they will cover it being done (it is with mine for some reason)
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 11:13 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• both my boys were done at the hospital.. and medicade paid for both of them
    2cuteboysrmine

Answer by 2cuteboysrmine at 11:14 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my ob did it at the hospital the day after he was born as well...
    amw529

Answer by amw529 at 11:16 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my ob did it at the hospital the day after my son was born
    MommieButterfly

Answer by MommieButterfly at 11:34 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• my ob did it the day after my son was born
    victoriak12708

Answer by victoriak12708 at 11:38 PM on Jul. 28, 2009