I want to go to "bartender school", what do you think?

If you go to the school you have a better chance of getting a better job. Like yeah you can just go to a hole in the wall bar and get trained there, but if I go to the bartender school it's easier to get a job in the "hot" clubs downtown. Hot club = more money. I KNOW I could make good tips, I guess it is like selling myself, if I wear a low cut shirt and do my hair.

"graduating" bartender school makes you a "mixologist" LOL so instead of saying "yeah I'm a bartender" I would say "WELL actually I'm a mixologist"

Good idea or bad?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Just for Fun

• if you want to do it then do it
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:32 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Go for it! My DH used to bartend and he made awesome money & he loved doing it. If you get a job at TGI Fridays, they have what they call "master bartenders". You can go to any Friday's in the country and if there is a bartender working that's not a master bartender, you can make them clock out and take their shift. I always thought that would be so cool.
    Anonymous

• Haha, you go be a mixologist!! Your right, if you get into the right place, it's tons more money. Just make sure they have bouncers and are respectable so if you get into trouble or a guy is bothering you, you'll be safe.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 11:37 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• I went & thougfht it was a waste of money you moslty serve beer & they sell a pocket computer you punch in the drink & tells you what to mix & how much
    Anonymous

• everyone needs a trade in these times. Get a trade, keep a job...so go for it girl, get your trade on. I am going to nursing school this fall, so Congrats!
    brandee76

Answer by brandee76 at 11:46 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Depends on where you live. Around here bars are shutting down faster than you can blink. They put in a smoking ban and business came to a screeching halt. Between that and unemployment, not a whole lot of people hanging out in them anymore.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Isn't it like a 2 week class? What can you lose?
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• My sister went to bartender school...although it was fun, it was a waste of money. You are better off getting a waitress or bar back job, then getting trained to work your way up to bartender. Most bars will train you at slow times then let you pick up one shift at at time so that you do your original job (bar back) most days and pick up bartender shifts until you complete shift over to being a bartender full time. It is a perfectly respectable, well paying and kind of fun job. I was a cocktail waitress for a few years during college. It was one of my best jobs before I started in my career. Plus it is a field you can always fall back on. After 9-11 I lost my job and picked up a server job until I could get back into my industry.

Good luck!
    Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• How interesting I never heard of bartender school I was a bartender for 8 years at diffrent bars in my area I loved it for a long time and then got burnt out on it.I wish u good luck anything u do to better yourself is always a plus
    mom2fivekids579

Answer by mom2fivekids579 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2009