• In the Spotlight:

DISRESPECTED. IS IT MY FAULT?

My bf of 2 yrs slowly had drifted away. Last week, I saw a girl he used to "talk" to for a lil when we brokeup for a couple of weeks # on his phone & phone calls from her 2:30 in the morning ( other times too) She lives in about 5 hours away but that still doesn't give me the reason to pass it by. Neways I got mad &assumed he cheated on me so I threw his phone/broke it on concrete & then slapped his face telling him I couldn't believe he cheated on me& it was over.
I ended up chaning my # & called him a couple days after on private to explain that I was sorry and he didn't give me a chance, he quickly hungup on my face after explaining he has no respect for me. I called him immediately back and that long distant girls cousin answered & I just hungup.
Yday I decided to drop off a little I missu box of heart shaped pizzas & a pic of us saying I miss u and he called my friend n told her
" I have no respect for that bitch"

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:35 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Relationships

• Well if he had done the same to you, how would you take it?
    Anonymous

• If he had done the same to me, I would have understood why he overreacted and would have at least given him a chance to say sorry.
    Anonymous

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Yeah, I think you messed up. First of all, if you're in a relationship then you should trust each other and not sneak looks at his cell phone records. Secondly, if you suspected something, you should have addressed it head on. Thirdly, you had no right to destroy his property, pissed off or not.
    If he was cheating then it was already over.
    Pack up your feelings and move on.
    Anonymous

• he probably was cheating, but when you break a guys phone, which their possessions are everything to them, they will lose all respect for you. Also you slapping him was just icing on the cake to him. It humiliated him and that probably sealed the deal on is part.

soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• So if he broke your phone and slapped you, youd understand? I dont think so.
    Cherrie522

Answer by Cherrie522 at 11:42 PM on Jul. 28, 2009

• Well if I didn't look through his stuff, then I would have been getting cheated on behind my back.
    And yes I know the destroying property wasn't right, but I clearly called him back to try to say sorry and replace it but he didn't even give me the chance.
    Anonymous

• I don't understand why you moms are so against me. If your husbands cheated on you with a girl that used to be one of your friends that moved far away I don't think you would just sit around and forget it!
    Anonymous

• Psycho
    Anonymous

• You weren't disrespected. You were dumped and deservedly so. Your behavior was childish. You assumed he cheated. Talking to someone IS NOT CHEATING. I don't care what hour it's happening.

A woman who has a healthy relationship NEVER worries about who her mate is talking to and NEVER looks through his private materials or phone unless she needs to get a phone number. Women who check up on their men are not with the right men.

If my husband cheated on me, he wouldn't be my husband any more. Nor would he be living once my brother got his hands on him. Problem solved and easily forgotten.

Answer by gdiamante at 11:48 PM on Jul. 28, 2009