whats her deal?

im trying to get my kids in thier own room, in thier own bed through the night. the first 3 days were pretty good. my son im still working on. but he is progressing. =D he's 7 months old. but my daughter, she is 22 months old! and she screams her head off! the first couple of nights werent so bad, but now, she screams as if someone pinched her or something. it seems as if all this is doing, is making it worse. she'll calm down, but she'll go on for the whole night in intervals. whats her deal? am i doing something wrong? im at my wits end, ready to give up
-and i know nothing bad has happened to her, for i am the only one who watches them. im a SAHM.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• yep, just trying to get her way. DO NOT give in, you will only reinforce her bad behavior. It will get worse before it gets better. She is testing her boundaries. Like I said, if you give in, it will NEVER end. She will learn that if she goes on long enough that mom will eventually give her what she wants. I know it's hard, but you have to put your foot down now, before she gets older.

Sorry, that was kind of repetitive...lol, but I am just trying to stress the importance of consistency. Kids are kinda vicious sometimes, if you show weakness, they will attack!! lol
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 12:24 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think she is just trying to get what she wants, girls her age are good manipulators.
    Anonymous

• Hang in there. It will get better. My almost 3-year-old prefers to fall asleep with the hall light on. There has been a night or 2 when I had to leave the hall light on all night. My dh & I have had to be consistent.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:58 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• wow. thank you. for a while there, i thought i might be doing something wrong. =D thanks everyone
    Anonymous