What should I do My daughter seen something she should not have

One day after checking the mail I threw it up on the counter like I always do There was a Red Envolope like the ones for the book clubs or Movie deals I didnt open it cause I wasnt intrested So a few hours later I herd my 5 year old trying to get her brothers attention sayin look at this look at this I thought nothing of it so I went on to cleaning the house Until she brings me the paper of Nasty Porn offerings I took it from her and asked her where it came from and she was hesitant to tell me I knew I dont keep things around the house so I didnt know if she got it from the hall (we live in a apt complex) she told me and that was it I didnt know what to say to her I kinda just blew it off what was I to say How would I explain that to her shes so young so I never asked them to send these things I dont even know how they got my addy I called them 3 times to have my name removed and to bitch and got hung up on What should I do

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:59 PM on Jul. 28, 2009 in General Parenting

• nothing - just let it go she can't understand anyway

Answer by admckenzie at 12:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would do something to stop these people from sending it out, I sure as heck don't want anything like that coming from my house. I don't know who you would go to, but maybe call the police and ask them, or talk to the post office? Keep the evidence though!! I know it seems extreme to do something like that, but people shouldn't be sending stuff out like that because it can get into the hands of minors which is illegal. PLEASE DO SOMETHING!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would let it go as far as the kid goes. The bigger deal you make of it, the more it will remain in her memory. Kids see things they shouldn't, it happens. At least it was a picture and not something in real life. I remember when I was a kid any time you'd go to Time Square in NY the place would be filthy with that sort of stuff. It was all over the ground, like the sidewalks were made out of them or something. Kids are fascinated by it, but it's not enough exposure to do any lasting damage to her. I'd say it would be more harmful if it were something that you personally just left laying around the house. She clearly knows she got a hold of something that was not yours and was not right.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• she doesnt understand what it was so i would let it go
    lagurl

Answer by lagurl at 12:51 PM on Jul. 29, 2009