Baby hit head... I cant shake the guilt. Any advice?

Two days ago, I was holding my daughter on my hip with just one arm. She bent forward, and i lost grip. She went tumbling to the floor. She hit the back of her head first. She fell onto carpet ( but the floor is hard underneath) . She is 11 months old. She only cried for a minute of two, never vomited, was playing and eating shortly after. I called her Dr. and he just said to watch her closely for any of the "signs" of a head injury. She seems fine. She has been fine today, but i just cant shake the feeling and the guilt that I hurt my baby. I am so afraid something is gonna be wrong with her. I feel like such a horrible mother. Does anybody know how long after a head injury can it take for symptoms to show? Im gonna take her to her doctor tomorrow afternoon to ease my worries, but I just cant help but be so freaked out about it. Any advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• she will be fine.
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• The only advice I can give is sh!t happens. Just be more careful next time. Accidents happen.
    prettyrayray

Answer by prettyrayray at 12:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Ah. You fulfilled a requirement of the Mommy Contract. you MUST drop the baby on her head at least once in the first year.

Keep an eye on her tonight but she'll most likely be fine.If you're really worried, go to the ER right now.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh. I just re-read. Two days ago?

Stop worrying now. She's LONG past the danger point.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• well she went to sleep and she woke up again..... she's just fine. don't worry.
    princessbeth79

Answer by princessbeth79 at 12:20 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Usually signs of head trauma will show up immediately, 24 hrs at the MAX. You're fine now. Honey, crap happens, and you can't prevent everything. Eventually they're gonna get hurt. A couple of weeks ago, I let my daughter take a nap at our friend's house on their bed. They have one of those really tall beds. I thought she went straight to sleep, because I didn't hear anything for awhile, so I went on the front porch for about half an hour, and when I came inside again, I heard her crying, but crying like she had been crying for AWHILE!! She fell off of a bed that was like 4 feet tall and had been crying in the floor for probably 20 minutes (could've been longer or shorter, who knows?). I felt like the absolutely worst mother in the world, but one thing I learned is that babies are very durable! Something is gonna happen sooner or later. It was an accident, and accident's happen.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh and my daughter is only 6 months old. She didn't even have any bruises or anything, she was very lucky.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2009