Do you realize that Science cannot prove anything?

Seriously. Look into it. All of you people who think, "It's true, science has proven it.", don't understand how science works.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yeah they can only theorize
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 12:14 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Sounds like you don't quite get how science works yourself.

Theory.

Experiment to test theory.

Proof.

If science couldn't prove anything, then you wouldn't have the computer you're typing on. You wouldn't have infant formula. You wouldn't have cars or the gasoline to power them.

Even the invention of the wheel was science.

Answer by gdiamante at 12:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If something has been scientifically proven through experiments,etc then I believe it. What is so hard about believing something in science that has been proven through experiements, etc? The expierements are what gives proof that a theory worked.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Sounds like you don't quite get how science works yourself. Theory. Experiment to test theory. Proof. If science couldn't prove anything, then you wouldn't have the computer you're typing on. You wouldn't have infant formula. You wouldn't have cars or the gasoline to power them. Even the invention of the wheel was science.

Not true. Science can only prove what is NOT true. Not what IS true. It can only find out what doesn't work, not what does. We can disprove theories, but not prove them. Because ABSOLUTE PROOF does not exsist. It only takes one piece of contradictory evidence to disprove a scientific law.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Note that this method can never absolutely verify (prove the truth of) 2. It can only falsify 2.[7] (This is what Einstein meant when he said "No amount of experimentation can ever prove me right; a single experiment can prove me wrong."[8

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• its all theory

but the bible is just a story...haha really it is...not proven, no facts, just stories
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• well dont go on a computer because a scientist made it...or is that a theory
    dont go on cafemom because scientists made it possible to program a computer to have interent

dont trust the weather channel ever or watch the TV because it took science to make that as well
    dont use the A/C, video games, Heater, Light etc because that all came from science as well...

and I dont think that light is a theory now is it, or else u wouldnt be able to see ur computer screen.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• A computer is an invention, not a scientific law. Light is a scientific law. But, if there was evidence against it, it would be disproven. Get an education, then we can talk.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• There is a difference people a Scientific Theory - which cannot be proven
    and a Scientific Law or Principle - which is supported by evidence (and can be disproven if there is new evidence)

Niki_sd

Answer by Niki_sd at 12:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Inventing is science.

Here's a sequence for you.

Theory: Sticking my hand in fire will burn me.

Experiment: Stick my hand in fire to see what happens.

Result: I get burned.

Theory proved.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009