spread the word of Jesus or why another religion is a lie? (Christian question)

This is a question that has been on my mind for the last few days. I just read a response to a post that confirms there is a lot of disproving other faiths.

I understand we do not all believe the exact same things. But isn't the basic concept of Christianity Jesus Christ is our Savior not if Mary can hear our prayers? It seems as if it would do more service to promote and talk about what we do believe and not why another religion is wrong.

Am I alone here? Is there a reason why it is important to explain why one particular Christian religion is wrong? Really how can we share the love of Jesus with each other and at the same time bicker about a bible verse that may or may not prove our point?

drink-lover

Asked by drink-lover at 12:45 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Seriously? The point of this question was not whether or not we should pray to Mary or whether or not she can hear us......If you don't understand that from simply reading the question then you either need to work on your reading comprehension OR if the need to point out why another group of people is wrong and why you are right is so strong and so heavily ingrained in you, you probably have a huge inferiority complex and need to do some inner soul searching! Why do you do that? Do you feel threatened somehow by it? I know we tend to fear what we do not understand and by the 2 answers here mentioning prayer to Mary, neither of you truly do understand what it really means to Pray to Mary or what the real point is of it.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• A very logical question.

But this is a subject that doesn't generate a lot of logical answers.For what it's worth, I think you're right.

Answer by gdiamante at 1:16 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Mary was only the woman chosen to carry our Lord Jesus.
    We do not need a middle person to have God hear us.
    bloodbought

Answer by bloodbought at 5:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Religions will always be the basis for arguments. A relationship with the Lord is not a religion, therefore it is not open for argument. Mary is dead - she cannot hear or answer anyone. The only person who can, does, and will answer our prayers is the Lord. Any other 'religion' that says otherwise is a false teaching and open to close scrutiny which leads to arguments, just like any lie is.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 6:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I guess bloodbought's answers is yes we must argue.
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 10:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• lol and same with anon.

well you all argue over this and continue to leave Jesus out of the picture. Thanks gdiamante for your response.

One reason my husband converted to Catholicism is because it is more about helping others not trying to prove others wrong. Sometimes you have to step back and understand the major point of a religion. Where as Catholics focus on loving our neighbors and living for Christ...
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 10:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• When you break up with someone you have to justify it somehow, some groups justify their existence by scapegoating.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• "We do not need a middle person to have God hear us."

You're absolutely right! We don't NEED a middle person and Catholics pray directly to God on a regular basis with no problem. Why does it hurt to ask somebody else to pray on our behalf though? Have you never asked another person to pray with or for you?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:11 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

___
    Not sure if this was dirceted towards me, but I agree with you
    drink-lover

Answer by drink-lover at 11:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• "Mary is dead - she cannot hear or answer anyone."

How do you KNOW this? You absolutely don't know with any certainty that she cannot hear us. We know that only God alone can answer our prayers. When we pray to Mary we are simply asking her to pray on our behalf just as I would ask somebody to pray with me for my sick child. She may be dead, but she and everybody else who has gone to the Kingdom of Heaven before us, is still part of the family and the Body of Christ. We are all still connected. Why is it so hard to believe that maybe the people who have gone before us still care about their brothers and sisters in Christ and would want to make intersessions for us?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009