I feel so overwhelmed with breastfeeding?

I love the time i spent breastfeeding with my daughter but she is two months and I am feeling over whelmed with it? Every moment its like she just wants to feed and I do not have time for much, for me. Well any advice or anybody felt like this two?

Leilany1019

Asked by Leilany1019 at 1:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 1 (-3 Credits)
  • YES!! I FELT LIKE THAT!!! At the 2 month mark, my daughter went through a HUGE growth spurt!! I was literally constantly feeding her, and I got very overwhelmed with it, and tired. I was feeding her about every 30 min to an hour, because I couldn't catch up, and I even tried pumping while she was napping to keep up. I eventually had to start supplementing to keep up with her demands because my body couldn't keep up.
    Mick86Sara

Answer by Mick86Sara at 1:10 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Yes, I think we all feel that way at times... and it's not just about breastfeeding, it's really just about having a baby in general.
    Good news: it passes!!! Before you know it she will be up walking around and talking and you will be begging her to sit still for a few minutes to cuddle!

She could be in a growth spurt and she will calm down again soon... do you have a sling or anything like that? That will help you to get things done, at least, so you can spend any extra time you happen to get just relaxing. I used to spend a fair amount of time reading and online when my first nursed like this and that really helped.
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh, quite normal! This is where a sling comes in handy. You can pop her in and let her do as she will while you do as *you* will.

"Me time?" Heh heh. I weaned many years ago...STILL don't get "me time." It's an occupational hazard in motherhood!

Answer by gdiamante at 1:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• thank you for your advice
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Oh, my goodness, yes. I hated that feeling. I went through it 3 times. I does get better & you won't feel so tied down because you are nursing quite a bit. Hang in there.
    dustbunny

Answer by dustbunny at 1:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• thank you dustbunny
    Leilany1019

Answer by Leilany1019 at 1:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• yes it happens be glad thats your only issue with breastfeeding. When i first got started i had mastitiste 3 times and one time was in the hospital and needed it surgically drianed and had eveyrone telling me to stop breastfeeding. I kept it up and we are finally through the worst part i hope except now at nearly 4 months its like all he wants to do is nurse lol. Good job for breastfeeding its whats best keep it up.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It gets waaay better. At 2 mos. my DD wanted to bf every hour or two. I was going nuts. I thought I'd lose my mind. I remember screaming at my husband that I couldn't do it anymore and was just going to give her formula full-time. Well, we survived. Now she's 4.5 mos. and is still breastfed. They get better at it and so do you. Your supply stabilizes and all the horrible parts work themselves out. Now I can really see going a whole year. If someone would have told me I'd even consider doing that, I would have said 'yeah, right.' 2 mos. was particularly brutal for us, so I can understand how you feel. Just a little while longer and it will be so much better.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 3:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I would get a wrap and let your little one nurse while you go on doing what you need to. I just bought a sleepy wrap and I love it and so does my little one.
    VintageWife

Answer by VintageWife at 3:59 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I does get better and don't feel bad because we all have those moments. Keep trudging on and nurse that child when she needs to nurse. Be thankful that is your only problem. At 2 months with my first we were just getting the hang of it since he was tongue tied at first and didn't get clipped until he was 6 weeks. Those first 6 weeks were agonizing pain for me every time he nursed and then we spent 3 weeks learning how to latch again after he was clipped. Get a sling or wrap to help out and go to the library and get some books to read while nursing! My first nursed until 18 months and my second is still going at 26 months. It is so worth it in my book!
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 7:58 AM on Jul. 29, 2009