Im 41 weeks and 0 station and 4 cm Dialated, How Long does Anyone Think Labor will take to start?

I was wondering How Long untill my Labor may start? The Doctor Stripped my membranes today! I have been having Sharp Pains In My Lower Stomach and In my Lower Back. i don't know what that is? It also Feels Like I have Gas

Haller898

Asked by Haller898 at 1:08 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• time them and then call your doc if they are close enough then he will want you to go to the hospital. they are probably contraction. if they are really close then i would say to screw the timing and get off here and call him now.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:12 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• good luck by the way, hope everything gos well
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:13 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Thank you. they are not always the same amount of time apart so i think for now im ok . Does anyone think they will turn into real labor conractions
    Haller898

Answer by Haller898 at 1:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's impossible for anyone to know WHEN a woman will go into labor.

After stripping your membranes you may go tonight, or you might go in another week!!
    It's hard, I know.

Just try to relax and enjoy the time before baby comes.

Whenever you can't breathe through them, when they kind of knock the wind out of you, then it's go time!

But it's not bad practice to start monitoring them now.
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 1:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ok i deff will start! Its my first child im only 22 and i was adopted so..no one here has ever went through this
    Haller898

Answer by Haller898 at 1:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• if you are having more than 4 in one day then yes, it might take some time for them to get to the point where you need to go to the hospital, but my contractions usually start iragualr then after a couple hours they really start up, but if this is your first then it might take some more time. so like i said just keep timeing them, you can still go to sleep because if they get bad they will wake you up. trust me.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 1:26 AM on Jul. 29, 2009