5w1d need advice...

I'm 5w1d with a history of miscarriage, and I have this odd...pressure..fullness sensation in my lower stomach region; sort of like very light period cramps., accompanied with an occaisonal painful spur, I've had one on each side of my pelvis today.

Is this normal? Should I prepare myself for a miscarriage?

There's no bleeding, just a full bloated feeling...

gabrielle_x

Asked by gabrielle_x at 1:15 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• its normal to feel bloated this early in pregnancy. i would just take it easy relax drink plenty of fluids and get extra rest. I wouldnt stress yourself about a misscarriage because stress isnt good for you.
    Thank happy thoughts of your new baby whos on the way.
    I'll keep you in my prayers good luck and congrats.
    Jaxsmommy09

Answer by Jaxsmommy09 at 1:18 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Totally normal. I felt like I was about to start my period throughput my entire 1st trimester, and I am still preggo with a health, large, baby at 20 weeks. It sucks, and you will worry all the time, but you can definetly have cramps and not miscarry.
    ccspiratemama

Answer by ccspiratemama at 1:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I agree, it's very normal. At around that point in my pregnancy I was very bloated, it looked like I was showing early because I was retaining so much water and just so bloated. I took a pregnancy test before I even missed my period and it came back positive. By the time my period was due I was sure it was a false positive because I was having the worst "menstrual" cramps I'd ever had. I had that cramping until about 15 weeks. To relieve the cramping, try lying on your left side or propping up your legs. Also make sure you are drinking a TON of water...this will help with the bloating feeling and the cramping. Do not stress over it! It's scary, I know but just be positive. If you worry too much you will stress yourself and the baby and could have a miscarriage from stressing. Just relax! Oh, and along with the cramping...at about 9 weeks I started spotting light pink and brown. This is also normal. If you spot, don't freak out
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• CONT. the only time spotting is a concern is if it is bright red or has a period-like flow. In which case you should go to the ER. But it is perfectly normal to have pink or brown spotting in the beginning. Good luck to you! I had the same problems (miscarried before this pregnancy) and I was sure I was going to get my period or miscarry but here I am at 31 weeks with a healthy baby girl. Just stay strong!!
    javila

Answer by javila at 2:40 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Thanks for the sound advice guys!!
    gabrielle_x

Answer by gabrielle_x at 10:31 PM on Jul. 29, 2009