Do you think this is bad?

I am letting my 13 year old take my 1 year old to sleep with her. It gives me a small break at night to rest and be alone. My 13 year old wants her, and my 1 year old is learning to fall asleep without me nursing her (so that it will be a little easier to wean her), and then she takes her to my bed when she wakes up, usually around 3am. Am I putting to much responsibility on the 13 yo?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• no i think its cute
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:29 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• No, she is being a good big sis and doughter giving you a break

looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 1:42 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I think that's perfectly fine, as long as she isn't keeping your toddler up. I say if they're going to bed and to sleep at the same time it's just fine, and actually rather cute.
    HisMommy414

Answer by HisMommy414 at 4:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Not as long as this is what your 13 year old wants to do. I'm sure it is a good bonding time for them. There isn't anything wrong with it unless you are forcing them to do it.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 11:25 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• no. that's nice , the sisters get to bond with each other and mom gets her mom time in. relaxing.
    incarnita

Answer by incarnita at 3:33 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• That's a great experience for both. There's definitely nothing wrong with that. Have a friend who actually has a daughter 15 and son 13 and a daughter 3 and son 1, and that's what they've been doing all summer. It's been great, they say, and all are having fun. It gives you some well earned rest time, Mom. Enjoy!

Jeanie1102

Answer by Jeanie1102 at 2:46 AM on Jul. 30, 2009

• I think that it's a good experience for both of them. And it's not putting too much pressure on the 13 year old because you're still around AND it's a good way to give her some responsibilty without it being stressful. As long as they're both getting sleep, enjoy your rest!
    LeviM

Answer by LeviM at 2:27 PM on Aug. 7, 2009