online surveys

have you seen the ads for these online survey sites?? do they actually work or is it just mostly a hoax??? just wondering?? anyone tried them?

boyer94

Asked by boyer94 at 1:27 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Money & Work

• A friend of my MIL's, daughter did these. For a couple of years she was always winning stuff , trips, tv's, cash prizes, etc. And a couple of months ago she lost her internet and was informed if she tried to retrieve it from another company she would be reported. Apparently everytime she did these survey, they were also called sweepstakes, she was sending bulk mail/spam out and she was reported. So... be careful! It took a long time before she knew this was happening.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• If you work with a decent company, you can make lots of money. The case posted above is obviously an extreme case of what 'could' happen. I've been doing surveys for 2 years and have had good success with it.

There are lots of ways to make money online. Some require investment, but I stay away from those. It's too hard to tell which ones are scams. I stick with the free ones and I've been able to average about $1500/month or more for the last 6 months. I listed and ranked the sites I use at http://www.freewebs.com/free2workathome/

customcat2000

Answer by customcat2000 at 9:54 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I tried them and what I found was that you had to answer a truck load of them to make a buck. I didn't have the time and I wanted an actual paying job online and I found work at home united. If you want a real legitimate opportunity to make real money and good money visit www.workathomeunited.com/heathers and fill out the form provided. Once completed I will get an e mail saying that you want more information and then I can assist you in getting all of the details. We do not sell, stock, or deliver any products. We just won the blue torch award from the BBB and you have free training that your personal mentor will provide and that told me that it was legitimate. Check it out if you want to make real money not prizes and stuff. Prizes don't pay the bills!
    nakoal87

Answer by nakoal87 at 10:21 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Some of them really do work. Some are just pennies, but does add up over time. There are a couple of sites that I use on a regular basis. I would love to share them with you if you are interested. And yes, the prizes ARE CASH!
    RutterMama

Answer by RutterMama at 11:19 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• m-avi

I have a couple of ideas for you:

1)  I have a started another work at home article series on eHow.  You can check what I have so far here in my Journal here at Cafemom:    Work at Home Series

2)  I have compiled a listing of computer jobs in my Blog, both Paypal paying jobs and other.  You can check that list out here:    Mavi's Home Work Blog

m-avi

Answer by m-avi at 11:49 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• www.freelancebyu.com has a great listing of legitimate survey sites
    I like:
    www.saynation.com
    www.mypoints.com
    www.zoompanel.com
    www.surveysavvy.com
    www.pineconeresearch.com
    www.epoll.com

Answer by rkoloms at 11:50 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Check out more companies and info on my blog. tarasextraincome.blogspot.com There's a link in the archives. Cashcrate pays well, but you have to be careful what surveys you fill out. You don't want to just do a bunch where they're never ending trying to sell you stuff. They do have some decent ones though.
    tcarter1981

Answer by tcarter1981 at 3:01 PM on Jul. 29, 2009

• I found that most of them are not legit but I finally found something that is! I am a stay at home mom to my 22 month old son. I joined Internet CEO Moms a while ago and I have to say it's the most positive experience! I work with an amazing group of moms who are very dedicated in helping other moms work from home and becoming financially independant. The training is free and the support is unlimited!! No selling, parties, or inventory. It is a very fun and flexible business and I love the fact that I can work when I want and most importantly, be there with my son through all his milestones.

Check out my website http://www.4theLoveofMyFamily.com/.

I would be happy to give you more information and introduce you to the business!

Alyssa Maliska

Proud Member of CEO Moms
    alyssamal

Answer by alyssamal at 7:42 PM on Jul. 29, 2009