• In the Spotlight:

For mommas with twins.....

How far along were you when you found out that you were having twins? Is it possible that my doctor could miss it even if I'm 20 weeks? I had an ultrasound and the tech was sure it was a boy, then was sure it was a girl. My Doc doesn't really check the height of the fundus (Sp?). I got really big, really fast... even my family asks if it is twins. They run in my family way back, and my man has twin cousins.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Pregnancy

• my friend just had twins in march, i went with her when the ultrasound tech found both babies, she was roughly 11 weeks. However, it is possible for the tech not to see both babies, if one is behind the other for instance, which happened to my cousin and you can only imagine what a surprise that was. If you're questionable on it though, talk to your doc, they may suggest what pooki suggested the 3D, or have the tech have you lay on one side or the other for alternate views. Good luck, whether it's one baby or two
    MissJenneh

Answer by MissJenneh at 2:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ummmm...... i think at 20 weeks they would see two distinct babies, but who knows. oh well, if you're having B/G twins SURPRISE! at birth hehe :]

if you still arent sure, at 26+ weeks you can get a really good 3d U/S if you want
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:35 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i new by then that i was having twins. your could most defft. tell on me. i know that some women dont know till they both come out, accually i knew by the time i was 13 weeks, i went in to see how far along i was and came out with twins. i dont know if it would be harder to tell if they are identical and in the same sack, i had two differant sacks so it was easy tell even for me. good luck
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 2:03 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• oh and i have had friends that have gotten bigger than i did with my twins and came out with just one. so its possible that there is just one ih there and it was just hard to tell if it was a boy or girl. and i would talk to your doctor about the whole checking things thats what they are there for. i am not trying to be mean so if i some how came across that way i am sorry.
    michelle.coppes

Answer by michelle.coppes at 2:07 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• i am 35 weeks with twins and i dont see any way in the world they could miss them. I found out when i was 6 weeks and the dr didnt even have to tell me i was like i see 2 and he was like me to. so he zoomed in and 2 heartbeats. so on me there was no missing it.
    twinsnseptember

Answer by twinsnseptember at 11:17 AM on Jul. 29, 2009