8 year old girl gang raped by 4 BOYS, (ages 9, 10, 13 & 14) then victim disowned by family...WHAT...????

http://www.azcentral.com/community/phoenix/articles/2009/07/23/20090723abrk-phxsexassault23-ON.html

All of this is just too many levels of WRONG! And this wasn't some 3rd world country, this was in Arizona...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jul. 29, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I hope the state puts those boys behind bars for as long as utterly possible and i hope that the state also finds a good loving family for that little girl. Shes going to need alot of help. I dont understand these cultures and communities all over the world that blame the victim for being in the wrong place at the wrong time or enitcing the attack my god rape has nothing to do with sex and everything to do with fear and control these boys wanted to control and terrify this little girl and they did that. I wish I could knock some sense into the family of this little girl how dare they disown her for something she couldnt have stopped
    elananme

Answer by elananme at 7:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:34 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• like i said before, this is a text book example of psychology at work (i got this from an actual college textbook when i took psychology last fall)

everyone else (in this case her parents) blames the victim, and the victim blames the situation
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:37 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's really disturbing. And sad.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 1:38 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• victim blames the situation

did you read the link--or even the question? this is an eight year old girl!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:46 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• ya'll trying to give me an emotional break down aren't ya! That just.... ugh! I feel sick.
    soonmommyof3

Answer by soonmommyof3 at 1:47 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• anon :46 yes i know the story, i was quoting a direct quote (not verbatim) from my psychology textbook... her parents are blaming her, thats why they disowned her! i mean i guess 'blaming the situation' is a bit harsh for her case since she was walking around minding her own business and got tricked into a shed, but im sure doesnt blame herself!
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 1:52 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• We have a case here in Canada where a mother, father and older son have been charged with first degree murder. Their 3 teenage daughters and the husband's first wife drowned when their car was driven into a canal. It was contrived to look like an accident but police investigations have led to first degree murder charges being laid . It appears to be ' honor killings' but we will not know for sure, and not much information is being released, pending the trial as they must be presumed innocent until proven guilty.

Like the case you asked about, it beggars the imagination how adults can do this to their own children. Three of their own children all at once and an ex-wife too, premeditated and carefully planned. And by all accounts, a family well respected in the community in which they lived.
    janet116

Answer by janet116 at 1:53 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• It's the way their customs are in the country where they came from. It's sad because we know that no woman (or girl in this case) asks to be violated or attacked. We tend to take our way of life for granted. This poor girl. When I read it, I just wished I could hug her and let her know it's not her fault.
    mugsysmommy

Answer by mugsysmommy at 1:56 AM on Jul. 29, 2009

• Okay ... are we tiptoeing around a particular culture that these two cases have in common? ... "honor killings" ? "disowning" the victim? ... what culture, what "country where they came from" are we talking about here?

Does lifestyle "from the old country" excuse villainy? ... Just because the mafia is "custom" in Sicily, does that make murder okay here in America?

I fervently hope that no political correctness creeps into the discussion of this to water down a clear sense of right and wrong.
    waldorfmom

Answer by waldorfmom at 2:48 AM on Jul. 29, 2009